Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Jason's 2nd Day

Uh-oh. Jason's 2nd day of school did not go quite as smoothly as day 1. Before I left for work this morning, I gave the little guy a kiss and said, "have a good day at school today."
He then looked at me and replied, "Oh, I'm not going to school today....I'm going to stay home and watch Barney."

At that point, I knew we were a in trouble! My wife reports that he was very defiant after that. He gave her a hard time getting dressed, struggled to resist being buckled into his car seat, and repeated over and over during the drive over that he didn't want to go back to school. Then...HE FREAKED!!!

They do this curb side drop off/pick up thing where you pull over and a teacher opens the car door to collect the child.. Apparently that did not go over too well and he threw a total nutty....kicking, screaming, crying, squirming, thrashing, etc. Once the teacher finally got him out of the van and began carrying him toward the school gym, he stuck both of his arms out and cried, "Mommy, don't leave me."

And that was the last thing my wife saw/heard before she had to pull away. Needless to say, she's now a basket case with guilt and anxiety.

The good news is that upon picking him up for the day, the teacher reports that he calmed down fairly quickly and actually had a good, fun day.

On the baseball front, The Sox pounded the shit out of the Angels last night. Manny and Millar busted out the big sticks to back up a solid Schilling performance. Anaheim also hurt themselves with errors, which is just fine by me. The Yankees also lost 2-0 to the Twins. I have mixed emotions about this series because although I feel like going through Minnesota is the easier path to the World Series, who wouldn't like to see a re-match of last year's ALCS between the Yankees and RedSox?!! Although, that would just suck if the Sox lost it again in game 7 or something stupid like that. Check that....I want the Yankees to lose this series in 5 so that we can face a tired Twins club

Tonight... game 2 between Pedro and Bartolo. That should be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home