Monday, October 04, 2004

Another Fucking Monday!

It's Monday! I really hate Mondays. I always stay up too late on Sundays, watching football and fighting the fact that I should get some sleep before the start of another work week. So now I'm here at work, bored and tired, with way too much to do and no will to get started. My wife is mad at me, so I guess it's a little better than being at home right now, but not much. I'd rather take my son to the park and run through the woods pretending we're being chased by dinosaurs.

As I predicted, the Pats blew out the Bills by 2 touchdowns yesterday. I didn't really get to enjoy the game because my kids were really needy. As a matter of fact, that's what my wife is mad about. I wanted to watch some of the game so that apparently makes me "lazy" and "selfish". Next weekend will be worse because I will want to try to watch the Pats-Dolphins game AND potentially 1 or 2 RedSox ALDS games. That should be interesting. I can't wait until my kids (or at least my son) are old enough to either keep themselves entertained for a few hours, or to sit down and watch the game with me.

And...it looks like the Sox are heading to Anaheim tomorrow. This is not great news, because the Angels are hot. I guess we have to hope that Schilling shuts them down and gets a win in Game 1, and maybe that they are spent from fighting 'till the bitter end against Oakland to win their division. The schedule sucks for this series too. Game 1 at 4:00 on Tuesday and then Game 2 at 10:00pm on Wednesday. WTF!!!! Hello....ESPN....east coast people work during the week but still want to see their playoff teams actually play the games. Why don't they put them both on at 8:00pm during the week? This schedule doesn't even make sense for coast to coast traveling. Don't you think these teams would rather play an earlier game on Wednesday night before flying from CA to MA?

Anyway....I could use a drink and a nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home